Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going with the Sc because it is light weight and I think the 4" is easier to carry than the 5" IMHO...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I have the original SC with the blued slide. It's a great pistol for concealed carry. Did you go stainless? I would have gone stainless if it were available. I still haven't had any issues with rust with IWB carry.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I ordered the Stainless...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the 1911SC in the other day and took it to the range. 250 rounds with "no problems". This is a keeper. A 1911 that shoots with 0% problems right outta the box!!!!! :rock:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well . . here's my 2 cents . .

Had a choice between the stainless and the "blued" -- picked the "blued". It's the 4 1/4 inch 1911PD model. Guess I just like the looks of the "blued" model.

Anyway -- 700 trouble-free rounds so far. A mix of ball, 200 SWC's and 230 JHP's. And everyone that has tried it out seems to fall in love with it.

It's now my primary carry pistol.

Not sure what everyone is paying for these, but mine was $750 about five weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
MBOFFICER said:
Got the 1911SC in the other day and took it to the range. 250 rounds with "no problems". This is a keeper. A 1911 that shoots with 0% problems right outta the box!!!!! :rock:
Glad you like it and that it's reliable! We have to get out to the range together again soon! :cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
S& W SD aa-1911 auto's

I have both the ss sc & the PD commander size 45's. Both are good guns. The SS gun has a much better finish inside and out than the Blue PD model. The Blue PD has alot of machine marks on the inside of the slide out of sight, Also the barrell throat looks alittle off on the PD but it shoots fine. May send the PD back in the future but it accurate and reliable. The finish on the PD sucks and is not durable at all. I don't know if anothere type of finish will work on a scadium frame. All and all you will be very pleased with the ss SC Smith & wesson. S&W has great warranty service. Good Luck with your new Pistol. Let us know who it shoots.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The S&W 1911SC-SS is probably the best production gun for the money out there right now, atleast for me @ $773.95 from my FFL anyway. I think it is hard to beat for that price, if I were buying a production gun that is.

CG.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just ordered the 5" barrel model Sc from a friend today. He has a FFL and only charges his cost plus shipping and $5 for the background check. The total was $702. He just wants to sell a few guns so he can keep his FFL valid. What a deal!

I can hardly wait until my new toy shows up which should be the middle of next week.:rock:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got out to the range with XTrooper and put another 150 rounds through the 1911SC. That makes 400 rounds without no problems right outta the box....:) Thanks to XTrooper for his suggestion that my new 1911 be a S&W..... Thanks Brother....:rock:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a S&W 1911 SC one of the early models (Billboard) and i have over 4000 rounds of mixed JHP's and FMJ ammo with out a single malfunction from day one and you are getting exited after 400 rounds ?:) :rock:

The finish on mine is beautiful and it has the best looking wood grips also. It still looks like new.:D

Enjoy yours like i do mine.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
My 1911SC Billboard Edition still looks very good. I shot it again last weekend. Every time I shoot it I get reminded why I like it so much. Reliable, accurate, and lighter on the belt. It's the best 1911 I own.:rock:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like mine too..

I purchased one of the first 1911Sc 4" blued models. Ran 410 rounds right out of the box (after a quick clean and lube with Wilson grease) and had no malfunctions with 230gr ball and 60 rounds of 185gr Remington Golden Saber. I wasn't so satisfied with the accuracy. I am only interested in reliable AND accurate firearms. Gunsmith in Denver installed a Kart barrel. He is a stickler for reliable and fitted parts. He didn't find it necessary to replace ANY other parts in the gun. Tuned the trigger and now I have it shooting into .25" at 25 yards from a randsom rest. The gunsmith is a 13 year understudy of Al Marvel. Love this gun. I thought the aluminum frame would produce more felt recoil, but it seems tamer than my Les Baer Monolith Commanche, that has more weight. Very comfortable to shoot. I do NOT regret this purchase, and feel comfortable recommending it to someone in the market for a 1911 commander.

·
Registered
74 Posts
RkyMtn45 said:
I purchased one of the first 1911Sc 4" blued models. Ran 410 rounds right out of the box (after a quick clean and lube with Wilson grease) and had no malfunctions with 230gr ball and 60 rounds of 185gr Remington Golden Saber. I wasn't so satisfied with the accuracy. I am only interested in reliable AND accurate firearms. Gunsmith in Denver installed a Kart barrel. He is a stickler for reliable and fitted parts. He didn't find it necessary to replace ANY other parts in the gun. Tuned the trigger and now I have it shooting into .25" at 25 yards from a randsom rest. The gunsmith is a 13 year understudy of Al Marvel. Love this gun. I thought the aluminum frame would produce more felt recoil, but it seems tamer than my Les Baer Monolith Commanche, that has more weight. Very comfortable to shoot. I do NOT regret this purchase, and feel comfortable recommending it to someone in the market for a 1911 commander.
Yep, it's pretty much the concensus. THE best of the out of the box 1911s (sorry Kimber). Everyone seems to love their 1911 Smith Scandiums. Eventually, I may stick a BarSto barrel in mine but for defensive carry, the stock barrel's accuracy is plenty fine (the barrel is a lot more accurate than I am :) )

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am thinking of buying one of these this week for CC. How rough are the edges...deburring necessary?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.