1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from a four hour round trip to Dawson Precision to pick up my new Trojan today. They installed a magwell and fiber optic front sight while I waited so I'm pretty pumped about it. I need to get some new grips that are squared off for the magwell other than that I'm quite pleased with the product. The people at Dawson are extremely nice, they even gave my wife and I a tour of their factory and range.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Let's get a range report

I'm looking into buying a Spatan or a Trojan, So any info will help.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try and post some pics later today, I'm getting it ready for the range right now so I have to keep my priorities straight lol. I had the same problem between the Trojan and Spartan and after countless hours researching I decided to buy the Trojan because everything was done right here in Texas with everything being STI, and I figured if I bought the Spartan I would want to have it refinished so it would be the same cost as the Trojan anyway. I have several Kimbers and I can honestly say when I broke down the Trojan the parts are so well fitted I can see this is going to be a very nice shooting pistol. Another thing was that Dawson is having a special on the Trojan .45 right now. You get a free Dawson front fiber optic sight and a free S&A magwell installed all for $921 so I couldn't pass it up. Mine came with an Ambi safety also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts