1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and it's a jem! It's a tight fit, only thing with a little bit of jiggle is the barrel when the slide is locked back. When locked back, it is locked back TIGHT. It takes two thumbs to release the slide, is that something that will break in eventually? The slide release looks like it is just the smallest bit off angle when locked in the notch, should it be that way?

There is a small amount of metal shavings inside, that I'm cleaning out. There are virtually no machine marks inside, that I can discern.

Other than those miniscule items, this thing is SCHWEEEET! By far the finest handgun I've owned.

I highly recommend anyone in the market for a 1911, get one of the new 1991A1's.

edited to add: The slide releases nicely, without much pressure when a mag isn't loaded but it's tight when an empty mag is loaded.....

The trigger pull is sweet for an OOB, but the reach is too long so I'm replacing it with a short GI trigger.

The dots on the sights aren't painted in very well.

I'll add more later as I examine it more....

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
here is mine with the 70 Series Colt short trigger installed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rrotz said:
There is a small amount of metal shavings inside, that I'm cleaning out. There are virtually no machine marks inside, that I can discern.
I found the same thing on my new NRM SS 1991A1 Government model. Not a big deal. Only other thing I've noticed is that the trigger "jiggles" a bit side-to-side, although not enough to really bother me.

All-in-all, I'm really happy with mine and I'm sure you'll be as happy with yours!

Tom

·
Registered
844 Posts
I hope you got a lot of money in your account, cause you're gonna need it when you start buying more Colts. Trust me on this one..............:D Here is a pic of one of my Colts..........

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UdontnoME said:
here is mine with the 70 Series Colt short trigger installed.

I have a question about your checkered front strap. Does it just fit over the existing flat front strap and held in by the grips?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Rrotz, glad you are happy with your new gun, hope it runs well when you get it to the range. You mentioned that with an empty mag in the gun the slide stop is very hard to release, and with the mag out it is easy. That is a normal condition you will see when you have a loaded mag in the gun the slide stop will drop much easier. I am curious as to the location of the metal filings you found, please let me know.

enjoy

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark1648 said:
Rrotz, glad you are happy with your new gun, hope it runs well when you get it to the range. You mentioned that with an empty mag in the gun the slide stop is very hard to release, and with the mag out it is easy. That is a normal condition you will see when you have a loaded mag in the gun the slide stop will drop much easier. I am curious as to the location of the metal filings you found, please let me know.

enjoy
Mark, et al
I found some very bright silver slivers stuck in the right wood grip and black filings around the right side of the slide, opposite the ejection port. The chamber is bright and shiny tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts