1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order for a 9mm CQB Elite Commander.

Quoted wait time was 12 to 18 months.

Now the wait begins.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I sent a slide in for sights and WC got it on Jan 5 midday. Haven't heard a peep from them as of today. I called on Jan 11 to make sure they had received the slide. I was told it hadn't been placed in the system yet as they were short on people and had people out. I guess WC is being hammered like the rest of Biden's America.

Congratulations on your order. I have the same pistol am I am sure you will love it. I highly recommend if you want a holster from certain holster makers you order now. I have one holster on order with a 4 month wait and another holster with a 6 month wait.

·
Super Moderator
15,979 Posts
That will be a fine piece when it gets done.

And yes, Wilson has people out sick just like everyone else. I haven't had a cold or flu in several years, but I've had at least a cold since last Friday morning - it's on the way out now, but I suspect 2 or 3 more days of symptoms. :(

My first CQB was a 12 month build. I shot my others to be able to appreciate the Wilson for that year, and when the Wilson came, it was noticeably different (more refined) than expected, and a very pleasant surprise (well worth the 12 month wait).

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
12-18 months, I guess its not the end if the world. 9 months to kit is interesting, i remember when the would kit in 3-6 weeks at times.

I had a Sentinel Compact go from order to delivery in 2017 in 9 weeks, poof and done

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Hang in there folks. I own some Wilsons and they are wonderful guns. For me I was able to get three of them on order in not many months, bought one off GB, and found another one in stock at WC.

Of course all my Wilson purchases were before the current "panic" culture took over.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Wilson’s 9mm Commanders are great guns, sure you will love it when it finally arrives.

·
Super Moderator
15,979 Posts
I just placed an order for a 9mm CQB Elite Commander.

Quoted wait time was 12 to 18 months.

Now the wait begins.
You ordered an excellent gun - I have the Hackathorn Special Commander in 9mm, and it is one of my fav's.

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on the order. Wilson combat pistols are well worth the wait. I ordered a blued full size CQB on 4/23/2021. Kit call came on 11/17/2021. Probably looking at February/March time frame for delivery (I am chomping at the bit to get it at this point). I also sent my Xtac compact slide to them for a gold bead front sight (it came with a green fiber optic front sight). I mailed the slide to them on 12/13/2021. They just shipped the slide back to me this week 1/12/2022. Still did not get it yet. UPS sent me a message saying that packages may experience delays.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
This is my Hackathorn 9mm full frame. I have a bad habit. When I get a new gun I like to check out all the parts and lubricate the gun my way. I have always done this with my guns. So, this is one way to really gain an appreciation for the master craftmanship in these Wilson pistols. These parts fit together tight and perfect in my opnion.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
why not order a holster and belt from del fatti? they could be done about the same time. in any case you will have one of the great pistols! :sick: (envy)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really have to agree with you on how nice these wilson guns are . I have several really nice 1911's including a couple of hand built all good part customs from other makers . I recently picked up a cqb commander from the estate of a gentleman who ordered it but never got a chance to shoot it before he passed . It is truly a finely built gun . I enjoy shooting it and only wish the man who ordered it had gotten the opportunity to enjoy it as I do. You made a very good decision.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts