1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Classic Carry from Alchemy.

Added the flush cut and crowned barrel and the HRT cut slide stop, they look too good not to add.

Was told they are running 4 months from deposit. The wait begins.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing your report. Alchemy would probably be my top choice for a custom builder right now; the bang-to-buck ratio is one of the best in the business!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Congrats.

I really like that pistol and I'd want the same additions that you made.

Looking forward to seeing it arrive in your hands....initial impressions and range reports.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Very nice choice

·
Registered
565 Posts
You’ll enjoy it. I wasted a lot of money before I was made aware of alchemy and finally can quit looking for what I want.

·
Registered
565 Posts
This thread is worthless without pics. Cmon. Lets see some Primes in edc configuration.
I think a lot of us that own Alchemy pistols have already posted pics in one thread or another. I believe there has also been an attempt or two to start a picture thread but they’ve kind of fizzled out due to the low number of owners, though that is slowly changing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I need to be patient, however it is difficult. If the Classic Carry is as great as my Prime it will be amazing. Down to about 2 months now.

·
Registered
Trumark Wrist Rocket
427 Posts
I ordered a Classic in the new Charcoal Blue. It is still a long ways out for delivery, so I bought a Prime Elite to tide me over. It is a little hard for me to rack, being old and feeble and an avocado toast eater, but I intend to shoot the snot out of it and see if it'll wear out. I think it will last longer than I will.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sweet! Love the Classic Carry. Almost ordered one in SS but have several carry size 1911s. Decide to go with the Prime in 9mm in their new Charcoal Blue. Also went with the HRT slide stop, flush cut reverse crown. Added extended magwell, Novak adjustable rear sight and American Holly grips. The 9mm option and Charcoal Blue extends build time to 6-7 months :(. Yes the wait begins!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,592 Posts
I know I need to be patient, however it is difficult. If the Classic Carry is as great as my Prime it will be amazing. Down to about 2 months now.
The best way to pass the time when waiting for a new gun is to shoot the snot out of the one you already have. This is a piece of wisdom I took to heart from Army Chief when he was a moderator before I was, and he was one of the most eloquent and wise people I have ever communicated with on this forum. Learn you current gun; what you like and what you don't, and when your new one comes in you will have a solid comparison between the two. :)

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
I ordered one last month. Was told early July.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great choice. I like my Prime Elite more every time I take it out to the range.
Best wishes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as Grandpa says, I already put down the 22s and 9mm to shoot the stuffin out of my prime. I know it will never wear out in my life time, but I will try. Just got another case of S+B 230 grain, Mr Prime really likes this stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
My CC arrived yesterday, on-schedule. Kudos to ACW for staying on-schedule in-spite of the current panic. It goes to the range Monday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Beautiful! Let us know how your range trip goes. I have a Classic Carry ordered won’t be here until October.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts