1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Cardon Holster "Thunderbolt" model with thumbsnap. I received it in the mail yesterday. This is a one-off holster that doesn't normally come as such. Fit and finish is nice. Though I didn't request it, there is enough room under the strap to close it with the hammer down. And there's no more movement of the weapon with the hammer back than there is with my old condition one Galco FLETCH. I'm a happy camper.

·
Banned
208 Posts
From a holster designer/maker's standpoint, it's very nicely done. You're going to wish the maker had been more thorough, though, in his design work by covering the muzzle fully; both as to wear on the muzzle from sitting, and from the mess on your clothes if you actually shoot this piece and then reholster.

Given that you've room for hammer up or down, likely the maker has marked his stitchline for the trigger guard too low this go-round. Or he just made a mistake by making the muzzle of the holster too short (unlikely).

Done properly, the muzzle of the pistol is set back as much as one quarter inch from the muzzle of the holster, as in this one I did for Galco:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2343&GunID=3

And that swell near the rear sight is meant to actually COVER the full profile of the rear sight (I invented that feature, too) in order to protect it from snagging on your clothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.