1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit, I don't pay as much attention to the lower priced 1911's (customer base just doesn't seem interested), but we ordered one anyway. Fit was "mil-spec"-ish, gun was obviously well tested (brass marks abound), and lo and behold, a Novak mag is standard! A $25 magazine in a $309 1911. Fit and finish were a little rough, but I'm guessing these babies are just built to run. I'm pretty sure I know who is gonna take this one home, and that I'll get the opportunity to test it.

For $309, I'm impressed.

Be well!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Novak Magazines!

Oh Yeah!!
My RIA and all RIA's which include Armscore all come with "Novak"magazines as standard.They're good magazines you can rely on.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
314 Posts
I, too, was also surprised to see the Novak mag w/my RIA. To date the mag's functioned flawlessly, too bad it's blued instead of SS or nickel (sigh...)
Tomac

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine also came with a Novak/ACT mag. Flawless performance so far. You know, except for a slightly different follower and basepad, my Mec Gar mags look just like the Novak. Hmmm, both say "Made in Italy".;)

·
Banned
750 Posts
Novack mags are made by Mecgar

·
Registered
114 Posts
RIA mags

I bought a RIA 1911A1 eight months ago. It came with the Mec-Gar mags. For a $350 pistol I'm amazed. The piece looks and feels like the gov't issue that I packed in the 'nam. It shoots better than the Colt I bought 20 years ago. One stovepipe after 1000+ rounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts