1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lurk Mode = Off.

Have been shooting Glocks and HK's for many years. This is my first step into the 1911 world.

Walked into my local gun emporium yesterday afternoon intending to trade my Glock 23 in towards a Kimber Pro CDP. Was in the market for a commander type 1911 for carry and training.

While fondling the kimber I thought it might be a good idea to check out the higher and lower ends of the 1911 spectrum, just to get a feel for where the Kimber rated on the quality scale. There was one MP and two KZ's in the case. I asked to look at the MP. When I first racked the slide, I could feel that the Wilson's quality was worlds above the $300 or so increase in price from the Pro CDP. The action and trigger felt like glass. Everything on this gun just felt righteous.

The salesman told me that if I really wanted the Wilson, he'd throw in a couple of 47D's to sweeten up the deal. Sold!. I thought, "My wife's gonna blow a gasket, but oh well...better to ask for forgiveness..."

Didn't get a chance to play with it last night 'cause I had to take the wife out for dinner and a movie to soften the blow (Rush Hour 2 =
), but will post an initial range report this afternoon.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'd say you made a good decision....

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm on my third Wilson now - a Classic. Can't say enough about the quality and operation of these guns. Nothing else on the shelf comes close to these guns. Hope you enjoy yours half as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi GG45ACP,
I got my Wilson MP about 5 months ago. I had to wait over 8 months after ordering it, but it was well worth it. I LOVE mine and felt that at my age, I owed myself a really good .45. It's a pleasure to shoot and is far more accurate than I could ever hope to be. I've fed it some crappy reloads that would not cycle in any other .45's and it never skipped a beat. I've got about 1000 rounds of various ammo thru it and it has never slowed down. I'm really impressed with this pistol and am proud to have it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Welcome to the 1911 World and the Wilson Club!
I too am MP owner. This pistol has exceeded all of my expectations. I hope yours will too.

J Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts