happened to be an IDPA classifier

ESP (9mm Combat Commander ran well)

Overall score - 175.86 = Marksman

38.68 short of Sharpshooter.

they inverted the stages and began with stage 3

3 - 67.89

2 - 41.92

1 - 66.05

I started strong, shot accurately and didn't rush.
Shot well on stage 2.
But in spite of what I knew in advance and reviewed on my notecard, I still managed to rush and miss head shots on Stage 1. What was up with that?? :confused:

I knew better and was disappointed with blowing what should have been my best stage.
Strange how that happens. :eek:

Guys at the match were super good people and put up with all my noob questions and antics.

I know I can shoot much better than Sharpshooter, and can't wait to shoot again.

Really enjoyed my first IDPA match.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Sounds like you did great! I shoot 1 or 2 IDPA matches a month and look forward to the next on the way home from the one I just shot. :)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Truth be told, the classifier is nothing like a real match. I actually find it quite boring.

I remember going into my first classifier thinking I would get sharpshooter...oh how nieve I was. You really have to have skills to get SS, I just made it after a year of comp in CDP. I missed ESP by 6/10 of a second on my best run...its not easy, but stick with it and you'll get there.

IDPA is a disease...I can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wait till you shoot a real match! You think you are hooked now...

·
Registered
392 Posts
lol, yeah I agree. I'm happy for you that you enjoyed yourself. But a classifier compared to a real scenario based match is like comparing a hamburger to steak and lobster dinner.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

I shoot a classifier once a year just so I can shoot the state championship match. Don't under estimate Sharpshooters. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shot a night match wed with my bug gun

hehehe...got right in there with the hotshots and mixed it up with them

mainly because i've carried and shot a snub for years now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts