1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ohh heck I'm not even new to Colts...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all,

The "MeltDown" was performed by Clark about 10+ years ago, and that gun is lighter than my OM.

The OM was just purchased a couple weeks ago, and I have a couple new parts on the way to fit it to me a little better.

It was a HUGE pain finding an arched mainspring housing for it, but once again Brownell's came through, and that and a Cylinder and Slide trigger, and new grips, will give me an excuse to take new pics of it next week.

I'm considering having Clark "melt" my OM too...... I like em smooth and round...

·
Banned
758 Posts
I am totaly impressed with the "melt job", as a machinist and amature gunsmith, I have to say that is defenatly top quality and would make a great future family heirloom.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mr1911 said:
I am totaly impressed with the "melt job", as a machinist and amature gunsmith, I have to say that is defenatly top quality and would make a great future family heirloom.

It would make a nice heirloom, but my son is going to need a shovel to get it after I'm gone....

·
Registered
836 Posts
Angel,
My favorite parts supplier is NUMRICH gun parts in NY, they have EVERYTHING
for everything. I bought two arched mainspring housings from them, one aluminum, one black, for my Delta's. (www.e-gunparts.com) They have great online blown up parts schematics, and they deliver very quickly.

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
nice collection,great melt job.How long does it take clark to do it and how much did it cost?I have a stainless OM and would like to get it done.Thanks,David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts