1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,529 Posts
You'll note that he is in favor of "gun control safety", or something equally ambiguous. I think the main problem is the painting of NRA as extremist; how can an organization that is striving to preserve something that we have had for 200 years, be extremist? Let all the nabobs add their names to the list. The more, the merrier.
1911 content; did Dustin Hoffman's character, in Marathon Man, wield a Gov't Model, or a Commander? If the latter, Lightweight or Combat?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Dustin Hoffman is merely an uninformed actor. What particular qualifications does he have to attempt to influence anyone about much of anything except acting? Certainly not his "celebrity" status. I rather doubt that he has studied the meaning of the Second Ammendment. Why should he? He has already made up his mind. To any thinking person, his opinion on anything other than acting shouldn't carry much weight. Besides, like so many other Hollywood hypocrites, he probably wouldn't hesitate to make a movie that involved practically any kind of violence if they paid him enough to do it. I'd wager that he uses armed bodyguards and wouldn't want them to have their weapons taken away. But he isn't one of the commoners, so that's different.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I remember hearing a few weeks ago about how Hoffman fights to keep people off the public beach in front of his house in Malibu I think it was. Apparently the only rights he is concerned about are those that benefit him. If you look at that list there are many actors who star in violent movies. Uma Thurman and Steve Buscemi jumped off the list when I saw it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Why is it in our society that public opinion is swayed by actors (who make their living being other people),athletes, who are overpaid for playing games, and politicians, who will say anything for the vote to get the job, as well as musicians, who have for 30 years promoted a drug induced promiscious lifestyle?

Where is the voice of the common man who works hard to provide for his family?

Where is the voice of middle America?

I get tired of hearing all the junk famous people espouse, I am tired of hearing about being diverse and politically correct!

I could go on and on, but you get the picture!

Byrd

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are a lot of overpriced people out there who think their opinion counts for more. But consider this:

If every actor alive suddently disappeared tomorrow, how would your life change? For me, nothing would really change.

Now, if every janitor and garbage man disappeared tomorrow, how would your life change? In a week, I would be over my a** in trash!

So who's opinion should count for more? I vote for the common working man -- actors and athletes aren't nearly as important in my life or the welfare of the country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts