1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
"Drones", yet another buzzword coined by mainstream media, and used in the same sensationalistic, pro-inflammatory recklessness as "assault weapon".

·
Registered
8,191 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
You think there will be hoarding - and the prices skyrocketing??

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
welp..I for one am glad it's a shot shell they're marketing to mOOnpies

little more comforting having Mr McGoo busting #2 shot skyward than rifled slugs or bullets

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
"Drones", yet another buzzword coined by mainstream media, and used in the same sensationalistic, pro-inflammatory recklessness as "assault weapon".
What is the definition of a 'drone' as opposed to other remotely piloted vehicles?

I ask because I understand that calling a semi auto AR an 'assault rifle' is absolutely a false statement; the term has a very specific meaning that references a select fire weapon.

Does a 'quad-copter' fall within the definition of 'drone', is it just a specific type of drone? Sort of like an AR IS a rifle; a specific type with certain characteristics.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Drone by definition is a remote controlled pilotless aircraft or missile.
At this stage of the game I'm thinking definitions will become more descriptive.
Drone I Small, personal RC aircraft with or without video monitor.
Drone II Small, RC aircraft used for military observation.
Drone III Small, RC aircraft used in military offensive operations that are armed.
Drone IV Large, RC aircraft used by military and government for high altitude observation.
Drone V Add weapons of choice to IV.
You get the idea.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Drone by definition is a remote controlled pilotless aircraft or missile.
Hence why I asked the question; that's essentially what most believe a drone to be. I know hobbyists are a passionate bunch, regardless of their interest. When I saw this:

...yet another buzzword coined by mainstream media, and used in the same sensationalistic, pro-inflammatory recklessness
my initial reaction was a passionate hobbies attempting to defend his interest...

The term 'drone' has been used to refer to an unmanned aircraft for all of my 45 years; I don't see it as term 'coined' by the media or anyone else with an agenda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is funny.... i just dont see a time where there will be so many drones around that I am going to need to have to start shooting them down. Or I dont even see why I would see a drone and yet again to shoot it down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts