1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would Fusion ever venture into making High Powers? I can only imagine, the quality Fusion has brought to the 1911A1 in a High Power...with all the following the HP has...I'd put a deposit on one the day it was announced...think of all the trick Fusion features but on a HP....Hmmmmm

·
Registered
514 Posts
I doubt it, but none the less I need an HP because of it's place in history.
Looks like the prices are coming down too! Then C&S or novak if you want.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Does Browning/FN still have any patents on the design? If so, they could ask a ridiculous license fee, to stop a project. Another issue is what caliber do you build for? FN has a slightly different, beefier framed version, for the .40 and 357SIG. Traditionalists wouldn't want a 9 on that frame. Could any other maker produce two different frames and remain commercially viable?

Now if one was to ask Fusion if the shop could customize a BHP, that would be a different question but I would guess that they would rather be the master of their own gun. Almost like asking Wilson or Brown if they would work on a BHP.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Does Browning/FN still have any patents on the design? If so, they could ask a ridiculous license fee, to stop a project. Another issue is what caliber do you build for? FN has a slightly different, beefier framed version, for the .40 and 357SIG. Traditionalists wouldn't want a 9 on that frame. Could any other maker produce two different frames and remain commercially viable?

Now if one was to ask Fusion if the shop could customize a BHP, that would be a different question but I would guess that they would rather be the master of their own gun. Almost like asking Wilson or Brown if they would work on a BHP.
The patents are long expired. I suppose they could then only ask a license fee in exchange for technical support. In any case, while I love the HP, I think I'd be more tempted to build a Fusion double stack 9mm 1911, maybe with a long slide. :rock:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry, No Hp's
That's just good business sense.

Much as I love my BHP I just don't see enough of a following to make it worth any factory's while. IMHO of course.

For good or ill the words "a forty-five" conjure the image of a 1911--probably a Colt. "A nine millimeter" make most people think of tupperware. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
That's just good business sense.

Much as I love my BHP I just don't see enough of a following to make it worth any factory's while. IMHO of course.

For good or ill the words "a forty-five" conjure the image of a 1911--probably a Colt. "A nine millimeter" make most people think of tupperware. :biglaugh:
I don't know about all that. While I agree that making HP's probably wouldn't be as popular for Fusion as making 1911's, I will say that, when a person says 9mm, the FN/Browning Hi-Power is the first pistol I think of.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Never say never... For a long time, I thought, hey wouldn't it be great if Springfield made an AR-15? Well it happened and it's a very good rifle. They jumped stright to the high end AR market with a piston operated AR. A friend has one and it's a really nice rifle... It's about number four on my buy list, behind a custom 1911, beneli shotgun and a 30/30 lever rifle...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Bob, off hand do you know the specs on this gun??

Other than the bobtail and the ambi safety I like the looks of this gun.

(the picture came from your photos in this thread)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Bob, off hand do you know the specs on this gun??

Other than the bobtail and the ambi safety I like the looks of this gun.

(the picture came from your photos in this thread)
+1 - I'd like to know the specs too. I love the look of that pistol - bobtail and all.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Wilson Combat used to work on hi-powers...not that long ago, either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts