1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed we've got several COTEP folks in the Kansas City area - I've met a few - so I wondered if there was any interest in a get together?

Also like to extend an invitation to any and all to join us for IDPA at the Northwest MO Defensive Pistol Club. We shoot the first and third Tuesday at Total Range in St. Joe. Previous IDPA experience is not mandatory, just let us know if you're new and we'll get you up to speed quick!

We've got several CDP shooters (that's IDPA-speak for 1911 in .45) but I'd love to see more DWs there!

Joe

·
Registered
610 Posts
So many places I'd like to go shoot, so little money, so little time. I wish I could, brother. I've been that way, though. It's about a 13 hour drive from where I'm stationed.

·
Registered
662 Posts
DO IT. We had fun...

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
NewKimber and I have been talking about getting a KC area "get together" going. We were planning on a little later than now, but maybe you can beat us to the punch and get one going sooner.
Sarge

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I'm in. :) OH. Wait a minute. I'm not in. :(

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm game, I've even called some area ranges for group rental rates. The best deal is Parma Woods in Parkville its 20bucks an hour available whenever they aren't open to the public. I think Sarge, NK, and I figured it would be best to go out somewhere off the beaten path and be able to BBQ also.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
I was thinkin' later rather than sooner. We have deer that need do be taken in a couple weeks. Then holiday stuff. Weather can be somewhat unpredictable also, so inside maybe better thru the winter. I sure will make it if I can. gpsshooter can bring a nice little collection of DW's , and Sarge could bring a few more if we wait. Just my .02.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Ya'll gotta come up with a slide show, though.... and no help from Fritze!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Well here goes NK with the excuses again. Maybe a comet will hit your Kimber and then you will be so sad, you just can't show up? :biglaugh:

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Well here goes NK with the excuses again. Maybe a comet will hit your Kimber and then you will be so sad, you just can't show up? :biglaugh:
Get off here and let me tell the jokes Charger! Ya gun thief!!:eek::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Yes I did almost walk away from our local shoot with popobangbangs gun.:eek: How imbariskink. If your out there pop, sorry again. :)

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
NK- ya should see what Charger "got for me" last night! ...real cool stuff!!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Dang it sandy. That was between you and me. :eek:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We could also rent one or both of the basement bays at the Bullethole for $20 an hour per side. We could set up a "Dan Wesson Invitational" match...

Other guns welcome of course, we'll even let them start closer to the target to make it fair!

I'm pretty busy for the next few weeks too - maybe we can come up with a few dates in the next month or so and see what everyone's schedule is like.

The IDPA invitation is always open though - anyone that would like to come up and shoot, just PM or email me for info!

Joe

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
just like poppopbang's gun?!:eek:

Shouldn't have fessed up to that! What a sweet score it woulda been!!!

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
We could also rent one or both of the basement bays at the Bullethole for $20 an hour per side. We could set up a "Dan Wesson Invitational" match...

Other guns welcome of course, we'll even let them start closer to the target to make it fair!

I'm pretty busy for the next few weeks too - maybe we can come up with a few dates in the next month or so and see what everyone's schedule is like.

The IDPA invitation is always open though - anyone that would like to come up and shoot, just PM or email me for info!

Joe

JD....wouldn't Show me Shooters let us rent the upstairs?? Lightings good there.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Go for it guys! I have to say after our little get together up here, I am ready for another one. This time out in the woods. Barbeque etc. It is very rewarding to meet people you have been in contact with on this forum. I appreciate each and every one. I hope you guys have as good of time as we did. Fish

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
JD....wouldn't Show me Shooters let us rent the upstairs?? Lightings good there.
I'll have to check my notes, I think it was $50 an hr, 4 hour minimum. Saturdays were out because of CCW classes. So, Sundays from 12 to 4 or 5 is about the only bet, unless we can get enough guys out there early enough on a weeknight to get 4 hours in before 745.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts