1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a shout-out here for both local (Alabama) artisan KC Custom Gunleather and the more widely-known Mitch Rosen outfit. I purchased all of this leather in new or nearly-new condition to support my recently-acquired Les Baer 1911 (which was also purchased in nearly-new condition).

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Good looking leather. The color match seems very good, especially considering they are from different makers and are brown. Black is pretty much black across the board, but there seems be a lot of difference in browns from maker to maker.

Do the pouches snap on or do they have a sewn loop?

With the Rosen stamp on the pouches, I assume they are not from the Express line. Correct?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good looking leather. The color match seems very good, especially considering they are from different makers and are brown. Black is pretty much black across the board, but there seems be a lot of difference in browns from maker to maker.

Do the pouches snap on or do they have a sewn loop?

With the Rosen stamp on the pouches, I assume they are not from the Express line. Correct?
I believe you're right, that these were not from the Express line. I bought them as-new from a member on another forum. They do have snaps on the back. These pouches are requiring a good bit of breaking-in, they are an extra-snug fit!

·
Registered
74 Posts
To Speed up the Break-in Period, you can wrap a mag in a plastic grocery bag and insert it into the mag pouch and leave it overnight, it will stretch it just enough to loosen it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts