1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted a Colt 1991 for awhile. Finally, got one last month...like it ALOT. My only problem with it now is that after 200 rounds, my hand starts to feel beat up. I'm thinking a beavertail and rounded thumb safety would take care of the feeling. My only reservation is that I don't want to take away from the its value or simplicity...so, will I get use to the beating, or should I break down and have the work done?

·
Administrator
79,229 Posts
Simply add a drop-in beavertail meant to accomodate the spur hammer. If at any point you want to change it back just reinstall the original part.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dear 10 Ring,

I am running into the same thing.

I originally planned to do a lot of customization, but the more I handle the gun, the more I like the way it looks and handles stock.

I thought today that perhaps, shooting gloves might be a solution to the rasping I am taking from the spur of the grip safety.

What do ya think?
Elsworth

·
Administrator
79,229 Posts
Both Wilson and Kings makes a drop-in beavertail that will accommodate the spur hammer. It looks ugly, but it works. Another fix is to trim the spur hammer a bit.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by dsk:
Both Wilson and Kings makes a drop-in beavertail that will accommodate the spur hammer. It looks ugly, but it works. .
HEY!!!! My Combat Commander does NOT look ugly with the Wilson drop-in piece! It actually looks quite factory, thank you very much! It blends to the frame lines nicely, and if I didn't tell you it was a Wilson drop in, you'd never know the difference.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the way home from work, went shooting. Another 250 rounds. Function was perfect. Trigger is heavy but smooth. I was given a copy of the current AH w/ the SA on the cover. I've decided to have the work done because it will just improve the function of the gun. Thanks for the input guys! Maybe this is just my excuse to buy another Colt to keep stock!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.