1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
919 Posts
Uniformed Mexicans, often armed, on our soil is hardly news. They always have a good excuse but its hard to believe that they have so many navigational problems. How many border rivers do they think we have here? Better yet, how long do they think we can buy their flimsy excuses?

A long time, I guess. There is never any official protest.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
That is f**king insane.!!!!!!!!!:hrm:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Well; Mr. Dougherty seems to easily recognize the problem, right down to the last line.

----------------------
"We must press on with our agenda for peace and prosperity in every land." - George Bush, to the United Nations General Assembly, November 10, 2001

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Strangely, this new source seems to be the ONLY one with the story. There were claims over on thehighroad.org that various government agencies and other news organizations are not interested in this story. That is bunk. Kidnapping of Americans is big news, especially in regard to an international incident. They would not turn a blind side to this. So I am inclined to believe that the conspiracy theorists are wrong. Of course, it may be that various government agencies and other news organizations have no interest because there is no credible information.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recall reading of an incident during the Clinton Administration in which several Mexicans, all armed with automatic weapons and driving jeeps, chased two Border Patrol agents, who were on horseback, for several hours and fired over a hundred rounds at them. Fortunately it ended without injury to our boys. Do you know what the wise and powerful Janet Reno did? In addition to sending the Mexicans back to their country, SHE RETURNED THEIR WEAPONS TO THEM!

Glad I don't live on the border, but if I did, I know what I'd do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Spy;

Ya it's strange, I tried like heck to find it some place elce with no luck so I'm not sure it's 100% real either.....

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Double Naught Spy said:
Strangely, this new source seems to be the ONLY one with the story. There were claims over on thehighroad.org that various government agencies and other news organizations are not interested in this story. That is bunk. Kidnapping of Americans is big news, especially in regard to an international incident. They would not turn a blind side to this. So I am inclined to believe that the conspiracy theorists are wrong. Of course, it may be that various government agencies and other news organizations have no interest because there is no credible information.
WND isnt really a tinfoil hat news organization. I have no reason to believe the guy isnt being held by Mexican authorities. Its now 12/9/03 and the article said he was still being held as of 12/3/03. I could easily see something dragging on for that period of time between two countries.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Don't know how true the story is, but the US gov't does cater to the Mexican gov't ALOT. in '89 or '90, the Border Patrol worked in conjunction with the US Army to use Army Corp of Engineers to clear off the river banks up and down the river of thick brush and overgrowth. When the Mexican gov't saw the Army bulldozers and trucks along the border, they mobilized their army to protect its 'soveriegn' land against invasion. Within days, the US politicos called off the land clearing.

A few years later, after NAFTA was implemented, DPS Troopers began checking the Mexican trucks, which 99.9% are POS's, before they hit the US highways. 3 days after they started, the Mexican truckers boycotted and the US State department told DPS to back off.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does anybody know if we still have troops down there? Back in '96-'97 I was in the 101st Airborne and we had units rotating down on the border. I also remember Marines being sent down there and a big stink being made after a Marine shot some Mexican.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am sure there is a lot of stuff going on that we dont hear about, and there is usually another side or two to any given story.

Didnt US federal agents go into Mexico undercover and kidnap, for lack of a better term, a Mexican national suspected of killing a DEA agent (Kiki Camarena) and haul him back over the border for trial?

When a Park Ranger at Organ Pipe was gunned down by smugglers I understand that elements of the Mexican military went in pursuit of the shooter, eventually killing him. (I may have this wrong)

I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out that things are not always as they seem.

·
Registered
569 Posts
wsdeweese said:
I am sure there is a lot of stuff going on that we dont hear about, and there is usually another side or two to any given story.

Didnt US federal agents go into Mexico undercover and kidnap, for lack of a better term, a Mexican national suspected of killing a DEA agent (Kiki Camarena) and haul him back over the border for trial?

When a Park Ranger at Organ Pipe was gunned down by smugglers I understand that elements of the Mexican military went in pursuit of the shooter, eventually killing him. (I may have this wrong)

I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out that things are not always as they seem.
In the Kiki Camareno case, the doctor that tortured him to death was apprehended coming across the border at a hole in the fence. It was done officially as an arrest made after an unanimous tip. Unofficially, the Mexican Feds pushed him thru the whole with BP waiting for him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts