1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find a red dot for my Kimber 1911 lightweight 9mm. Does anybody have any suggestions what brand and is it possible to put a red dot on this Specific pistol.?

·
Registered
328 Posts
You will need to have the slide milled for a red dot if it is not a factory optic ready model. I like the Vortex Viper 6 moa myself.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I sent a CZ slide off to Primary Machine and they did a fantastic job. I'm sure there are site sponsors here that can do the same.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If youu are talking about a fiber optic front sight, go for a High Vis. Putone on my Kimber and have loved it ever since.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used 6moa vortex venom and viper red dots on pistols. I have had better luck with venoms. I own 3 venoms that work great. I had to send 2 vipers back for replacement. Also I shoot morning matches where we face eastward towards the sun. The viper screen would get a lot of red glare which would make finding the dot difficult. For whatever reason the venom doesn't do that. As for Primary Machine they cut a CZ pistol for me. It was for a venom . They did a quality job with a quick turn around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a LW 1911 with fixed sights. EGW has a mount #49411 that fits right in the dovetail for my Leupold Deltapoint. It has held up and performed well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Only one here, and it's a Vortex Venon 6 MOA factory installed on my Aegis Elite Custom.

Like it so much, thinking about adding another on a Commander (Pro) sized pistol. After 50+ years of using irons, I'm a convert.

·
Registered
224 Posts
In answer to the red dot question, my newest 1911 is an Arctic LW 9mm stainless that came With a Vortex Venom already mounted on the pistol. It fits well, and was super easy to sight in. It even fit perfectly in my Blackhawk Serpa, even with the red dot. So far very pleased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts