1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all...
As a owner of 2 Kimber's now, looking for a 3rd! Thinking I would like 9mm, but it seems the only Kimber in 9mm is a Stainless Pro Carry II.
Any thoughts on this model? I think my wife could handle this easy as well...that is why I looking at 9mm.
Others are a Stainless Gold Match II and a Super Carry Custom.

Will this me similar to the SGMII??

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have one. I've put about 500 rounds through it so far.

I bought the Stainless Pro Carry II 9mm after I bought the Pro Carry HD II in 45.

I would have preferred the Stainless had a stainless steel frame, but they don't make the HD in 9mm, only 38 Super.

After some initial issues with a bad box of Fiochi Ammo, its handled every type of ammo I put through it. That includes Blazer, Blazer Brass, American Eagle, PMC and Aquila.

Pistol is as accurate as the HD with less recoil, of course. Great gun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!
Local dealer has one...$929, seems like a good price.
Just wish it had different sights...but those can always be changed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is what I was thinking, too, Scott. The Aegis comes in 3, 4 and 5" versions.
The Tactical Pro is also offered in 9mm.

·
Registered
598 Posts
If you're looking for a 5" Kimber, I believe that would be the Aegis. All of the Aegis models come with an aluminum frame. My fiancé is eying a 5" Aegis.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you like the Ultra sized Kimber's you car get an Ultra CDP II in 9MM.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
The Aegis is made for women, but officially for "Smaller handed shooters". They are lighter, have thinner grips but I promise you that teeny little thumb safey will make you say bad words, it is so sharp. If you buy one and want to change the grips, you will need new bushings or thinner grips. (I changed the bushings)

Yes, I have one, so call me Shirley. :rock:

I just bought a Stainless II in 9mm and while it is dead on accurate, those sights gotta go.

Oh, we do pictures here in the Kimber forum. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts