1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have a 99 cat. from kimber (i found it about 2 weeks ago) and under there stainless target it say also comes in 45, 40, 9mm, 38.

so i guess they do/did. not sure about now

------------------
Why do you watch to sword in his hands?
When his grip reveals were his going to cut

·
Registered
39 Posts
I e-mailed Kimber a while back about this and they replied that due to lack of demand for the 9mm it was never produced. The since pulled it from the catalog.

I ended up purchasing the Springfield 1911-A1 Loaded. Nice gun but I was a little disappointed in the finish (or lack of). Shoots good, but very sharp edges on the machining. I'll drop it off at a gunsmith one day to de-horn it.

Frank Scroggs

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by fscroggs:
I e-mailed Kimber a while back about this and they replied that due to lack of demand for the 9mm it was never produced. The since pulled it from the catalog.

Frank Scroggs
Hmmm...how does Kimber know what the demand for 9mm Kimbers is...I know I would be interested in one.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Kimber didn't recieve what they felt were enough pre-order's for the 9mm and .38 super. They've finally come out with a .38 super, but in the Gold Match SS, checkered, flat top and pricey. So, it'll sell decent, but probably reinforce the idea that there's not enough demand for a .38 super in a regular Custom.
<shrug>

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
The last conversation I had with Dennis at the Custom Shop was they have no plans for a 9mm in the near future. You might want to look at a SA 9mm. While it is not quite as good as a Kimber it is a pretty decent gun. After fitting a tighter barrel bushing to mine I was able to get 25 yd groups in the 2" range. I was also able to get a nice crisp 40 oz. trigger pull using the stock parts. BTW McCormick 10 rd. .38 Super mags work well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Joe D:
I was also able to get a nice crisp 40 oz. trigger pull using the stock parts. BTW McCormick 10 rd. .38 Super mags work well.
Do they work out of the box, or do you you need to handload? I thought I heard someone talking about this at the range the last time I was there, but I thought I heard something about modifying the length. Not sure though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts