1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Kimber Aegis Ultra Carry II about a year ago now and I go the range about once a week. I always properly clean my guns after a trip to the range, but when I was cleaning my Kimber today I noticed some damage on the barrel that was not there last week. I do not know if the part of the barrel that is showing damage has a name but it looks like a ramp, I was unable to locate anything in my manual or online. I will include some pictures to clarify. More then likely I will have to send it in to kimber for repair but I was hoping that someone here could help me out with what would cause the damage I am seeing. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's another picture, I couldn't figure out if I could attach more than one image to a post. I apologize for the crappy picture, I messed with the saturation to bring out the dents at the top of the ramp into the barrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Not sure if you are referring to the rolled edge at bottom of ramp or copper colored scuffs where the bullet hits while being chambered, which is normal. If it isn't malfunctioning I would say, nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
I would carefully smooth it out with some sandpaper.

It isn't uncommon and many times is caused by magazines being inserted vigorously into Officer's size guns. See if the two "indentations" line up with the magazine lips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts