1911Forum banner

KIMBER BEAVERTAIL

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  bunghole 
#1 ·
can anyone tell me whos beavertail safety will fit the kimber frame?i know ed browns will not.i want to get my hand up higher the stok one is just to thick.

#5 ·
Grip safeties come in two radius cuts (referring to the necessary cut made to an original frame tang), a .250" radius and the "Clark/Wilson Compound" radius.

IIRC, Kimber uses the Clark/Wilson radius while Springfield uses the .250"...

Best of luck.

#12 · (Edited)
So, in other words, when they run out of frames, they start using stainless ones because they figure that they're going to cover them up with their black oxide stuff anyway...great.:mad: So what is black oxide? Is Kimber the only one who could refinish a black oxide frame? I'd go with another finish but what would go on a stainless frame? What about boron carbide? Will that go on stainless? I want the frame to match the slide but I'd rather not refinish the whole gun if I don't have to.

#14 ·
good point, Vandal, one I hadn't considered... I have absolutely no hands on experience with their II series... Though I would suspect one could alway remove the "excess" parts. The FP safeties do not make the pistol more safe in any reasonable argument compared to the non-II series pistols.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.