1911Forum banner

Kimber CDP and holster wear

1047 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Brass Balls
I recently purchased a new Kimber Pro CDP II for carry use. I'm waiting for my Alessi CQS/S holster to arrive and am beginning to wonder how well the finish on the CDP holds up to daily wearing in a holster? :scratch:
If the finish doesn't hold up well, what coating are others using that proves to be more durable than the original? :scratch:
Are some manufactures holsters more abrasive than others? :scratch:
Since the CDP has a stainless slide, is it best just to leave it as is or put some sort of finish on it? :scratch:
This is why I enjoy this forum so much, where else can one go to get answers to questions such as these. :rock:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,612 Posts
When my Pro CDP II finally starts to show some wear, I'll be even more happy with it. Wear on a 1911 is a "badge of courage", which gives the gun some character. Unless it starts to rust - then all bets are off.

Just my 2¢

· Registered
2,367 Posts
The CDP has got to be one of the best finishes for holding up well. The matte stainless slide will show some slightly shinier areas, but that's about it. The melt job also does away with some of the typical 1911 high spots that show wear sooner.

I took this photo after carrying my CDP about 99 days out of a hundred for the past 2+ years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.