1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the gun store today looking to by my first 1911. I saw at the store they had a Kimber Classic Stainless Gold Match. The gun was never fired and has the box and papers. It also had two extra magazines. What type of shooter is this gun in terms of accuracy and reliability. The price was also up there matching closely the price of a brand new Stainless Gold Match II within $80.00 dollars. I was considering putting this gun on hold. I do not think it will last long. A quick response would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
AUGGIE1 said:
The price was also up there matching closely the price of a brand new Stainless Gold Match II within $80.00 dollars.
I'd buy the Classic vs the Match II. That's just me. I would prefer the blued because I'm really old and I don't feel stainless is going to be as accurate when there are some miles on it. I wouldn't ever buy a stainless MK IV or Match anything. My match type guns are all blued although I have a stainless Colt and Kimber that shoot well enough for everyday use.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
The Classic Stainless Gold Match is an older Series 1 model. They are very nice pistols. Personally, if given the same choice, I would buy the Series 1 model, even if it cost more than a Series 2 model. :)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
45auto said:
The Classic Stainless Gold Match is an older Series 1 model. They are very nice pistols. Personally, if given the same choice, I would buy the Series 1 model, even if it cost more than a Series 2 model. :)
Ditto, ditto and ditto... :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
AUGGIE1 said:
I was considering putting this gun on hold. I do not think it will last long.
Where's this sale happening? I'll buy it if you don't want it! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts