1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it for test run today and ate everything without a hitch. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot for a lightweight. I plan on switching out the plain black sights for some XS 24/7's but even with these simple sights the gun was extremely accurate. I do believe it is as accurate as my $2900 Stealth and just as easy to shoot! I have no idea where the $2200 difference went to in the Stealth....:confused: Must be solid gold frame or something....

H

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know the feeling. Who would have thought that a small 1911 would shoot so well. I have one in my desk now in a drawer underneath my keyboard ... absolutely reliable.

- Custom Compact I.

Dobe

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can only echo the above. I have ss SERIES 1 COMPACT. digests any amo with no FTF. More accurate than I am.m Bought it for $425 used. Wouldn't sell it for twice that. Got help on line since I had no manual, but used a paperclip as instructed to field strip.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Kimber Compact series I also. Perfectly reliable !
Mine is the aluminum frame version. i wish they still made them.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have a Compact CDP series I. The pistol is extremely accurate and pleasant to shoot, with hardly more noticeable recoil than the government model. Oh, and did I mention that it has never jammed, either. What a great pistol!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I have a Compact and a CDP, both series I, and they do shoot great. In fact the CDP is my carry gun. But, it does not like all ammo - I bought 100 Rem. Golden Sabres to run through the CDP and it did not like tham at all! I got tired of having to rack the slide every round, so I'll have to find different carry ammo. Guess I'll buy some Hydrashok! ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have shot both the Lightweight Alloy and the Steel Compact Series I's and can honestly say, these are fantastic pistols.

Personally, I like the lightweight version for CCW as there is quite a bit of weight savings between the aluminum frame and steel.

It's been an absolute bear to find a top quality NIB lightweight alloy Series I here in Denver. Seems to be a few more all steel and stainless steel versions available that I have passed on.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found this one on GunsAmerica. It was listed there for quite some time before being sold. I was pretty surprised when the dealer said it was still available given the coveted nature of the series I Kimbers. Now my friend wants one and I have not been able to find a NIB gun. In fact I haven't even seen a used one recently!

H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts