1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have a close # count of LW framed compact models that were made in .40s&w? Is Kimber the only one that made a officers framed 4" slide 1911 in .40? I know there were some made with steel frames, I have one. It seems like a perfect CCW gun to me with the LW frame. My books say they were made but it doesn't show how many! Thanks for any help if someone might know.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you find the answer, please post it. Yesterday I bought an alloy frame Pro Carry chambered in 40 S&W and would like a bit more "history." All I know is it was bought new in 2001 and is a pre-Series II.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that for some reason they just didn't sell. Seems like a good mix to me. I have a Compact but it's a steel framed gun and really want to try the same size gun with the officers frame in a LW for CCW. I love the one I have, just want the lighter frame. I guess I could look into having one built, but Kimber made them and there out there somewhere. 8 rounds of .40 in a compact 1911 seems like a good idea to me. Plus the one I have has never chocked or missed a beat. That's with everything I have put threw it to date, reloads, factory, mixed mags of what ever. Colt made the Defender for 1 year in .40s&w and dropped it too?

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
It's simply a supply/demand issue. The .40's never sold well. The ammo prices are well above the 9mm and .45, and the terminal results aren't outstanding enough to make them popular, same as the .357 Sig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts