1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 4" CCW. Which one should I go for? Both are priced almost the same.

Thanks!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Based on my personal experience with alloy framed 1911s (I've cracked three of them by shooting ball) I went with the KZ-45 Compact for the greater duribility of it's polymer frame.

I now have over 1000 rounds through the Compact, and 4000 rounds through the full size KZ with no weapon related malfunctions and no signs of wear. I am very impressed with the KZ-45s by Wilson.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I bought a Series I Compact CDP a few years ago, and just a few months back started to actually carry it. I realized that I'd been missing out all this time. The gun shoots great and is light and easy to conceal. I'd highly recommend it. I don't shoot this gun much, but I carry it a lot. (I shoot my gov't model A LOT, and can't tell a whole lot of difference between the two when doing combat type shooting.)

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
There is not much similar between the two guns other than price and caliber. Don't let price be the premier factor in your firearm purchase. Do you want a double stack or a single stack? Do you like the feel of the KZ or the Kimber? I would like to help, but frankly I don't understand how the field of competitors got whittled down to these two.

If these are the two guns that strike your chord, I'd opt for the Wilson. It's a little more than the Kimber, but there is no Schwartz safety to concern yourself with.

Be well!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dubb-1 said:
There is not much similar between the two guns other than price and caliber. Don't let price be the premier factor in your firearm purchase. Do you want a double stack or a single stack? Do you like the feel of the KZ or the Kimber? I would like to help, but frankly I don't understand how the field of competitors got whittled down to these two.

If these are the two guns that strike your chord, I'd opt for the Wilson. It's a little more than the Kimber, but there is no Schwartz safety to concern yourself with.

Be well!
Here's my thinking... I like 1911 45. I want a small, light gun for a CCW. I have small hands (no jokes please :)). And my wife will let me spend about 1K. If you think there are other I should consider, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,439 Posts
The KZ is more like a Kimber poly ten frame. Neither has the traditional 1911 single-stack feel. Between the two, Wilson has the better reputation and workmanship, especially against the newer Kimbers.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I bought a series I ss compact for under $600.00. I"ve seen them off and on gunsamerica for around that price. The gun shoots great and is light to carry. I wouldn't change mine at all. I'm not sure what the CDP has over mine besides checkering and maybe sights, but mine seems to go bang everytime and it hits the target.

plunker

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've owned both and I'm partial to the KZ Compact. Steel feed ramp, 10 shot capacity... don't know how you feel about the external extractor but I've had to adjust or replace them on every 1911 I've owned, haven't touched the Wilson. The CDP is prettier, IMO, but I think the Wilson will hold up better over time, especially if you like to shoot what you carry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.