1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to purchase a Kimber Custom II . I can get the black finish for $650.00 and the stainless for $750.00 I was wondering if the stainless was worth $100.00 more and if the black finish was durable. This is my first Kimber purchase and also first 1911 purchase.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The black finish looks good when new, and seems to get better with use. Eventually, though, it will begin to wear through. It's really not an issue unless you are buying it as an heirloom or something, but if you were going for that you should be looking at Colt's.

Don't be afraid of a little honest wear, it adds character to your pistol.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have decided to purchase a Kimber Custom II . I can get the black finish for $650.00 and the stainless for $750.00 I was wondering if the stainless was worth $100.00 more and if the black finish was durable. This is my first Kimber purchase and also first 1911 purchase.
Did you check prices in more than one shop? Around here you can get a Stainless Target II for around $790.00 and a Custom II for around $590.00. I'm guessing the Stainless II would be right in between there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts