1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting into the 1911 scene and have narrowed it down to a couple of guns.

Would like to here what you think the pros and cons of each of the above are.

The distributor I talked to has informed me that he only has external extractor Custom IIs available.

Also I hear that the Kimber IIs are not "true 1911s" because of the firing pin stops. Are the Springfield Armory Loaded pistols "true 1911s"?

·
Registered
108 Posts
In my dealings with both I prefer Kimber over Springfield both make quality pistols but the Kimbers have all worked out better for me with less problems. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I also own both Kimber and SA. Both are fine guns.

My Kimbers were tighter and more accurate out of the box than either of my SAs. I seem to shoot the Kimber better than the SA.

As far as the way they feel, the Kimber just feels better in my hand. I really don't know why.

I quess it comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If I may suggest you might want to look at a Colt XSE they can be found in the same price range of the kimber custom and springfield loaded's. And if you go with the Colt you have the knowledge that it has fewer MIM/Cast parts than the other two choices. And there made here in the USA and not imported..... :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts