1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
It would sure be nice if they would make a model that did NOT have fiber optic sights.......every manufacturer, including Kimber is beating the FO horse to death.......some of us don't want fiber optics, and don't want to pay to change sights on a brand new gun.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Teufelhunde I under stand your concern. Personally as I get older Fiber Optec is great for my older eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Fiber optics are easier to see, but I wish someone would make them ramped instead of square. Square ones tend to hang up on minimalic holsters like the Yaqui slide.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just a heads up; Midway USA has lowered their price on these to $599.99 and free shipping. They have them in 4 different finishes in 9mm and 45.

I ordered the Artic model in 45. Saves me a 2.5 hour drive to a Cabela's.

Any of you have a range report yet?

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
I am not a Kimber fan boy but I seen the add on MidwayUSA and I couldn't pass up the deal. I ordered the 9mm.

The only other Kimber I own is the Micro which I love.

I'm actually excited about getting this pistol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just picked my LW Arctic up from my FFL. It looks great. Fit and finish is as good as my other Kimbers. Front fiber optic sight is nice and bright, nice tight slide to frame fit and no rattles. Thumb safety flicks on and off with authority and the magazine appears to be a CM Shooting Star. Trigger isn't great, but it is set by lawyers after all.

Only gripe I have is that between the family holiday obligations and the weather forecast, I wont be getting to the range or the ranch this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the bought Tru-Tan .... But it's backordered ... I hope it comes quickly. Haven't heard anything yet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Very nice ClayCnty, been looking at one of those myself.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I got to shoot mine and it worked great. The magazine has a shooting star follower and it looks like it hits the feed ramp so I will not use it anymore. I only shot it at 7 yards at the old B27 target and I put the first 8 rds in the center and after that my AlS kicked in it looked like I was shooting a shotgun but I did have fun. My shooting days of anything is coming to and end quickly. Please continue to keep me in your prayers because I believe it works. I feel blessed that I got to fire it. The 15 and 25 yard shooting is over for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
I got to shoot mine and it worked great. The magazine has a shooting star follower and it looks like it hits the feed ramp so I will not use it anymore. I only shot it at 7 yards at the old B27 target and I put the first 8 rds in the center and after that my AlS kicked in it looked like I was shooting a shotgun but I did have fun. My shooting days of anything is coming to and end quickly. Please continue to keep me in your prayers because I believe it works. I feel blessed that I got to fire it. The 15 and 25 yard shooting is over for sure.
You got my prayers brother! I'll post a review of my new Kimber soon. But I'm sure it will match your excellent pistol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked one up on Black Friday sale from one of the big local stores up here in NE Ohio.

Put 100 rounds of basic FMJ through it today and it shot without a single hiccup. So far I like it. Shoots better than me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
My new Arctic lightweight 9mm came in today. It's so nice and the craftsmanship is very good.

The only problem is that I have to wait up to 10 days here in Washington state so they can run a mental health and background check before they proceed with the sale.

·
Registered
366 Posts
They can't do that while you're waiting for the gun? Stuff like that irritates me, really you shouldn't have to prove you can own a gun, they should have to prove you shouldn't. And if they can't do that in a timely manner, not your problem.

The Arctic I looked at was typical Kimber, seemed very well made as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I handled a blue Custom LW today in 9mm at my LGS and I was impressed. Fit and finish was good, seemed tight with a decent trigger. For $589 it seems like a screaming good buy. After reading the posts here I think I’ll go back and get it this weekend. The big question I guess is the quality of the parts. But, I’ve got lots of 1911’s, including a Kimber Custom Aegis II that I just converted to 38 Super, so will probably not be running thousands of rounds thru the LW. Don’t see how I can go wrong.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They do have mim. parts just like SFA, S&W and others. I have had good luck with Kimber's. My new LW 5 inch Custom runs fine and in other hands is very accurate. I think they are a good deal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can someone tell me the actual (not guessed) weight of the Kimber LW Stainless in 9mm (with empty mag). As others have noted, this seems to be a special order run, so it's not on their website. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kimber 1911 LW

Saw this model at Bass Pro for $599.99 so I picked one up. This is a sharp looking gun and seems to be very well built. This is my first Kimber. When I got outside of the store I had to double check the case to see if the gun was even in the case because it was so light it felt like there was no gun in the case. I have been conceal carrying this gun for a couple weeks now with just a plain in the pants hip holster (Leather) and I have no issue doing so. I can't believe it considering this a full size gun. I have not had time to take it to the range, so I do not know how it functions so until then I cannot comment on that. All in all I think I made a great purchase. Can't wait to get it out to the range.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts