1911Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
They also made a limited production model for the 2020 SHOT show with a vortex venom included.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally

Just picked up my Nightstar today (04/04/20)... doing a good lookover on it/
Looking good ... can't wait for my local range to re-open ....
will check in when I get a few rounds through her

·
Registered
2 Posts
They also made a limited production model for the 2020 SHOT show with a vortex venom included.
Has anyone picked up a Vemon Model yet? I'm looking for something with RMR on it already and to add a threaded barrel on it. I believe this one doesn't have a front sight and that really annoys me for some reason...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm getting one with the red dot. Looks weird to me on a 1911, especially without the backup sights, but I appreciate the red dot for my aging eyes. They have them in 45 and 9mm at FamilyFirearms.com, SMGA.com and Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com

I currently have the regular 45 Stainless LW, and it's been flawless. I did adjust the tension on the extractor, but I did that upon initial inspection, so I don't know if I would have had any issues out of the box, but nevertheless, I've had about 500 flawless rounds, including several hollow points. Carries nicely on the hip with that weight.

Only problem I had is the Shooting Star type follower was dinging the aluminum ramp on the frame, so I am using Checkmate type followers and Tripp Research mags. That solved it.

BTW, someone mentioned the grip safety is made of plastic. It's actually MIM stainless steel. I put a magnet to it, and I also filed on it a bit to adjust the trigger bow engagement. Regardless, at this price, it's hard to not get a couple.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts