1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just wanted to get some of your feedback from those who have done business with the shop. I recently sent my slide in to have it refinished and the sides polished. Were you satisfied with the work you had done and time it took. Thank you.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A couple of months ago I sent my Ultra Aegis and Pro Raptor to them at the same time. The Aegis I had back in about a week, and about three weeks for the Pro Raptor which was having its slide replaced. I've been very happy with the Custom Shop each time I have contacted them.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Maybe you should have gotten feedback before sending the slide in??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone also sounded like an honest guy. I'm not expecting to receive it back soon with the holiday rush. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Based on my experience, Kimber's customer service is excellent. Timing depends on what you're having done, their workload, etc.

Also, I would bet that Kimber will do some extra things above and beyond why you sent your gun there in the first place. They always seem to exceed customer expectations.

I'd be very surprised to hear if the work wasn't done to your satisfaction. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I sent a Tactical Ultra II in for refinish of the frame (bad experience with a local un-named smith who said he could do a great job of refinishing-then after three months it started to peel...). Spoke with Dennis. CS had the pistol for exactly seven business days. Replaced all the small parts after my discussion with Dennis. Replaced the night sites under warranty, something I had not even mentioned. Tweaked the extractor and polished the internals, feed ramp, etc. at no charge. I had the pistol back in 14 days from the day I sent it to the shop. The job was nothing short of excellent. A number of parts were replaced under warranty and I bought the pistol used about four years ago.

Same experience on a TLE II for a deposit in the barrel. New barrel, polished feed ramp, tuned extractor, replaced night sights all under warranty and round trip was ten days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, these are some great experiences. I'm happy I went with Kimber for my 1911. Thank you all for sharing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Captain Bligh said:
I will tell you soon. I have a Compact in there now for new sights and re-finish. We're coming up on six weeks. The wait is killing me.

See thread; "Great Customer Service -- With a Twist" for the rest of the story on my experience alluded to above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts