1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted here several days ago about feeding problems with my new CDP PRO. I went in person to Kimber (I live a few minutes away....eat your heart out!!) and was met by Winslow. I explained the problem to him, left the gun, and was told that he would call when finished. Well, I was a bit surprised, but he called me later that day and told me that the gun was finished, and that it was only a minor adjustment of the extractor. He also polished the ramp, breech, and "tweaked it". Winslow also put approx. 300 rounds through the gun, both ball and HP without a problem
I can't say enough about this quick and friendly service. I was treated like a customer should be and left with a good feeling about owning one of their pistols. He also explained to me that these guns are made to such a high standard, but as with anything else, sometimes these things happen.
So I have nothing but good things to say about Winslow, who really is a great guy, and Kimber, as I left as a very satisfied customer!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cool experience. I have to call back to check on where the grip screw bushings I was told would be sent to me 4 weeks ago are. :scratch:

The last thing I got from them was fast though, which was the latest external extractor. Cheer?

·
Registered
111 Posts
They have treated me very well fixing my issues as well. It should be home monday. I posted about my exp earlier this week.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wolfgar said:
I posted here several days ago about feeding problems with my new CDP PRO. I went in person to Kimber (I live a few minutes away....eat your heart out!!)
Well that would mean that you live in Yonkers NY and I have drivin the Saw Mill Pkwy back and forth way to many times when working in Manhatten so I have no problem sending a gun to Kimber if needed. Couldn't wait to get there and couldn't wait to leave.

Glad your gun worked out for you with Kimber! have you shot it yet?

CG.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update...I put 20 magazines through the gun today with NO malfunctions, using ball and hollow point ammo!!! I didn't clean it either. My confidence in the gun and Kimber is 100% now, but I do admit that I was a bit pissed at spending $1,000 on a gun that jammed like mine did.
So I give Kimber high praise, and I could not be any happier with their service along with the way that I was treated. I was treated great while there, from the security guards on up...too bad that they do not have a showroom/shop on site.
I would recommend contacting them ASAP if you have any problems and they will be quickly and professionally resolved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update...I put 20 magazines through the gun today with NO malfunctions, using ball and hollow point ammo!!! I didn't clean it either. My confidence in the gun and Kimber is 100% now, but I do admit that I was a bit pissed at spending $1,000 on a gun that jammed like mine did.
So I give Kimber high praise, and I could not be any happier with their service along with the way that I was treated. I was treated great while there, from the security guards on up...too bad that they do not have a showroom/shop on site.
I would recommend contacting them ASAP if you have any problems and they will be quickly and professionally resolved.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wolfgar said:
Kimber did have a showroom at the Yonkers factory, but after 9-11 they closed it, as in it's off-limits. No terrorists allowed!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.