1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my local shop the other day and i was molesting
a Kimber "elite", at least that is what i think it is. The slide said elite on it. Can anyone shed any light on what this is?

Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it definitely said elite on the slide, not eclipse. It resembled (A LOT) a compact CDP

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
You probably saw the "Elite Carry". The Elite Carry was a 1999 Custom Shop limited
edition of 1200 pistols. It is essentially
the same pistol as the CDP compact series.
I have an Elite Carry that I bought new and
it is a very nice pistol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Elite series of custom shop guns predated the CDP series. I had a Pro CDP that the front sight went black on in the first 400 rds. Very generously, the shop I bought it from offered to order me a replacement gun and also mentioned that they had a Pro Elite in stock. I liked the Pro Elite (1999 vintage) much better than the Pro CDP! Needless to say, we're living happily ever after. BTW, the shop with such fantastic customer service is Simmons Sporting Goods in Bessemer, Al.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, my gun shop has the smaller of the two elites (3 inch barrel i think) for only 700 bucks and it does feel pretty good in my hands... u guys think i oughta go for it? Is that a good deal? I bet i can even get him down some.

·
Registered
204 Posts
$700 is a steal!!! I guess they cut the price because it's a dicontinued model. I paid $959 for my Pro Elite. If you like the little 3" guns go for it!

[This message has been edited by ipschoser1 (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Like "ipschoser1" wrote - if it's NIB (or even LNIB for that matter), $700 is a red hot smoking deal! By comparison, I paid $859 for my NIB Ultra Carry CDP about nine months ago.

Go for it! I think tiny .45's are great fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes i have a kimber target elite 2, the store i bought it from said it was a specail make just for gun dealers to bring to shows. so i emailed kimber just to make sure i wasn't getting ripped off, and they conformed what the store owner told me.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Kimber made the Elite Carry in 99, which was just like the Compact CDP. Then they made the Pro Elite and Ultra Elite, just like the Pro & Ultra CDP's.
These Elite's were limited edition guns, something around 2500 each or something.
700 is below what they cost originally, so it's most likely a used gun.
That said, there's also a distributor that carries Kimbers (RGuns maybe?) that had Kimber run up some models called Elite. They don't have the same features as those mentioned above, and were cheaper guns.
Find out which elite, and the first 3 letters of the serial # should give you more info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts