1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Kimber Compact (stainless, bull barrel) for a while and shot the snot out of it. Did a course once that was ~800 rounds in one day.

Just bought a full-size stainless - standard config, bushing, full length guide rod.

Thing is, with the same ammo (factory ball) it gets FILTHY. Sure, the interior gets filthy but I get dirt and crud on the front of the slide on the sides even back one inch, and all over the front of the slide itself (around the barrel, on the front of the guide rod).

How am I getting crud on the sides of the slide an inch down from the front? This gun should have less flash/unburned crud, not more than the compact, right?

Battler.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Are you really short?....Maybe its dragging on the ground.

Sorry...i don't have an answer for you....I will now close my big fat mouth.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's grease/oil. Mine does the same thing. The slide to frame fit is very tight on mine and when I over do it on the lube, the slide really shows it. The excess grease/oil just sprays out during the first few shots. Sometimes it even gets sprayed onto my glasses. Not much but enough to notice. It usually does this on just the first few shots and again that's only when I get a little TOO liberal with the Tetra. So shoot a magazine through it and wipe it down. Don't sweat it just ease up on the grease/oil. A dab will do ya'.

Regards,

Warm Bore

------------------
"Happiness is a cold beer and a warm bore."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts