1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my new Kimber this week. Any break-in tips? I've read about the slide sometimes sticking after 3-4 rounds when the pistol is new. Anyone had that experience? Suggestions on how to avoid it? Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Strip, Clean & Lube and shoot it, Then Strip Clean & Lube & Shoot it. This is what I did and mine has worked flawlessly, No problems at all, and it is a tack driver.
Good Luck
Engineer Bill

·
Registered
29 Posts
lexus333 said:
I will be picking up my new Kimber this week. Any break-in tips? I've read about the slide sometimes sticking after 3-4 rounds when the pistol is new. Anyone had that experience? Suggestions on how to avoid it? Thanks for all replies.

When mine was new I followed what the owners manual reccomended with both the field strip and clean and then again after their reccomended number of rounds. Even though I reload for the 45 ACP I used Win factory ammo for the first 250 rounds.

It's got over 3000 rounds thru it so far and I replaced the recoil and firing pin spring and have not had a jam yet.

I purchased Chip McCormick power mags but the original factory mag works as well. Never had a problem using either.

It is also a tack driver. The only adjustment I have made to the sights is to the elevation to compensate for my reloads.

Dog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts