1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new kimber TGT 2 10mm last week, also my son got a h&k usp tactical, the 10 mm is nice shot 200rds pmc lead,also corbon 155gr hp,also reloads using ranier 155fp with unique powder, all shot great! I hate to admit it but my son is a better shot than me, the eyes are going. His H&K is one hell of a shooter!, blowing out the 10 rings at 25yds, he was using mag tec and pmc along with reloads with ranier 200gr fp and green dot powder. The sights on his pistol are the same as mine cant see them. Have to change the sites for nite sites or someting that has better definition like 3 dot, but will look around. The grip on the H&K is too square for mr still like the 1911 feel!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've always wanted a USP Tactical but never could justify it. Apart from the simple fact that I've got enough X-thousand dollar .45s to go around :D there's also that magazine release. Ewww.
Glad to here the 10mm was a good shooter, maybe Kimber'll help bring the 10mm back and I can get that Custom Delta Elite I've also always wanted.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My first handgun was a USP. THe mag release is really brilliant because a) it's ambidextrous which is cool for lefties like me, and b) it's placed at an easily referenced point: at the junction of the trigger gaurd and the grip. It's really easy to find it by feel.

On the other hand, I love my 1911s but being a lefty I have on a couple occasions accidentally pressed the mag release button with my right fingers while gripping the gun (using a Micro 1911 which has very thin grips).

If I were carrying a gun on duty, I'd probably opt for the USP for capacity and 'tactical versatility'. I'm thinking of turning mine into a home defense gun with all the doodads that entails. But it's not fun to carry concealed, which I did for a couple years until I found a 1911 and said "holy cow! Concealing is EASY!"

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
tenchijin said:
My first handgun was a USP. THe mag release is really brilliant because a) it's ambidextrous which is cool for lefties like me, and b) it's placed at an easily referenced point: at the junction of the trigger gaurd and the grip. It's really easy to find it by feel.
I give the USP/Walther P99 mag release props for its ingenuity, but my problem with it is simple: I have short thumbs. The only pistol I've ever handled that allows me to drop the mag without shifting my grip at least a small amount is the Hi-Power. The USP, working in a downward rather than inward motion, with the fulcrum at the rear of mag release, exacerbates the problem to the point where I have to turn the weapon nearly 90 degrees to operate the release with my thumb. Being that the mag release is ambidextrous, it's easily overcome by using my trigger finger like a left-hander does on any other pistol, but given my druthers I'd just rather it be a button. *shrug*

·
Registered
172 Posts
my first pistol was also a USP.. in .40 S&W.. it's been quite a while since I sold it, so I can't give a real accurate description of my experience.. altho I do remember it being accurate as anything I've ever shot.. the very first round I fired through it was dead center in the X ring, from 15 yards

eventually I decided it was too bulky for my small hands.. but I don't recall ever having a single failure out of about a thousand rounds I put through it

I prefer my Kimber CDP now, tho

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well here's my USP collection. I have my USPC for concealment and my USP 40 for duty carry.... USP 9mm for competition and my USP tactical for the looks at the range and also sometimes competition. I just recently aquired a 1991a1 and man... it's a very accurate gun also. But being a Lefty I do like the USP's better cause they can be geared toward lefties.

Andrew

·
Registered
38 Posts
USP T

I too have a USP Tactical, it's a great one to take to the range! "Excuse me while I whip this out" the crowd appeal on this one is worth the price of admission alone. Great trigger great shooter, it's one of my favorites. I have the Laser on it as well and that just adds to the "Star Wars" look. Big though, real big.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
H&K Tactical

begining to like my sons pistol alot even though its big in my hands, going mon to fill out form 4 for suppressor, was told would take about 2-3 mons,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Supressor

I too would like a supressor, just cause the gun will support it, not that I need it. The $200.00 Tax Stamp plus the $700.00 Swiss Supressor are quit a steep deterent too! If you have found a supressor for less that is compatible please let me know. For that kind of money I can buy a S&W 629 Classic and really make some NOISE! it's all about the fun after all. Jim

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
H&K

I dont really need one but its something that could be passed down in the family provided that person is not in jail or a felon, also just to say i have one! Who knows , a few years from now they might be banned!

·
Registered
226 Posts
HK Suppresor Solution

GG&G offers a suppressor/barrel extension for $150. It looks like the real thing, but doesn't do the real thing. It is basically for looks only.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Link?

Could you post a link? That is something that would interest me. Jim

·
Registered
174 Posts
Operating the USP mag release

I always used my trigger finger to operate the USP mag release. Even Jeff Cooper commented once that the 1911 mag release is on the wrong side of the gun for right handed folks. He also wants to work it with his trigger finger.

pat

·
Banned
141 Posts
Re: Operating the USP mag release

lc609 said:
I always used my trigger finger to operate the USP mag release. Even Jeff Cooper commented once that the 1911 mag release is on the wrong side of the gun for right handed folks. He also wants to work it with his trigger finger.

pat
Well, Smith&Alexander are making ambidextrous mag release fo single and double stack 1911 ...

Here it is

I am planning to order one real soon, because my girlfriend (lefty) loves my Kimber Pro CDP...

·
Registered
550 Posts
i cant say enough good things about the H&K tactical. i love mine and i am glad i bought it to be very honest.. very different then a 1911 though. the tac is a tac driver for me... no problems so far..the carrying case and the extra goodies are a nice touch as well...i dont know if Wilson combat copies H&K on this or H&K copied Wilson combat. the suppressor would be the final touch but, cant phatom the extra dough needed for the gear...man would the suppressor be nice though..over all i would totally recommend the tactical to anyone who is right on the fence of buying one...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts