1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knows how long the "old style" Kimber pistols are going to be available? I have a Compact SS I got about a month ago that doesn't have the FP block. (ordered NEW from Kimber) I also have an Ultra Carry SS on order from Kimber. My local gun shop says it won't have it either according to Kimber (as per my request). I have about 3 more weeks to wait.
Thanks for any replies!!!
Milldude

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'M NOT SURE IF THEY'RE PHASING THE SERIES 1 PISTOLS OR IF THE "II'S" ARE JUST HERE IN CALIFORNIA. MY NEW ROYAL WAS THE "II" AND IT WORKS GREAT. FPB CAN GET STUCK ON THE SLIDE DURING ASSEMBLY/DISSASSEMBLY SOMETIMES...NOT TOO BIG OF A DEAL. JUST HAD TO WHACK IT WITH MY HAND TO FREE IT UP. THAT WAS BEFORE I SHOT IT. MIGHT OF LOOSENED UP A BIT. WE'LL SEE...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<>> i just picked up my compact ll, all steel. the dealer told me the reason the FPB gets stuck is because i pressed the grip saftey, while trying to get the slide stop out. he told me to hold the gun upright and shake it. that seems to work. i haven't shot it yet, will do so later this week. raspy

[This message has been edited by raspy (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Banned
5,947 Posts
Originally posted by milldude:
I was just wondering if anyone knows how long the "old style" Kimber pistols are going to be available? I have a Compact SS I got about a month ago that doesn't have the FP block. (ordered NEW from Kimber) I also have an Ultra Carry SS on order from Kimber. My local gun shop says it won't have it either according to Kimber (as per my request). I have about 3 more weeks to wait.
Thanks for any replies!!!
Milldude
Howdy Milldude.....
According to Dennis at Kimber, the old style will be eventually phased out by the "II" series guns. Unless they've changed their minds on this, that is what I was told. Wasn't given a time frame.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
141 Posts
BolanteJ 0

The Series I pistols can no longer be sold new in California because they were not submitted to the BS SB15 "gun safety" drop test sham.

The Series II is identical in every aspect to the Series I, with the addition of the firing pin block (including match grade barrel, etc.). That's it. And, since hubby bought a Series I before the ban and I bought a Series II afterward (both full size, Custom Classics, tho his is stainless and mine is blued), I can attest to the fact that they shoot with the same accuracy.

Only difference is that my sights (aftermarket Trijicons) appear to be a bit narrower than his (also AM Trijis). Why, we don't know. Maybe because my gun is black in color and his is silver.

I haven't had any problems with the firing pin block with my gun, but shaking the gun before firing it seems to be a problem you might want fixed if you're going to carry concealed. Just my $.02.

------------------
Corruptisima republica plurimae leges
(The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws)

[This message has been edited by KimberLady (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<>> kimberlady, i think you might have misunderstood what i meant, or else i didn't explain myself fully when i posted about shaking the gun. what i meant was if you depress the grip saftey while removing the slide,the slide will not be able to disengage itself from the frame. shaking the gun will cause the fpb to go into the frame enough to clear the slide to be removed. tapping the frame also has the same effect as shaking it. at least it works for me when i want to diassemble my compact II raspy

[This message has been edited by raspy (edited 08-07-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts