1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
You mean this

http://www.kimberamerica.com/kpd/kpd.php

Can you not find a dealer with one, or that can order one? I thought I'd heard that they were gone, but if that were true, I'd think Kimber would take them off the site. I haven't seen any dealer with them available, but they don't say they aren't available either.

If I were going for tupperware, I'd have to go to the tried and trued in the market with Glock or even a SA XD. It doesn't seem Kimber is committing to that market.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
The brand new Kimber catalog shows two models, a two tone and a black. It states:
"The KPD model with a satin stainless steel slide will be available first. The KPD with a matte black finish will soon follow." No date for release is given.

It also says the KPD has a magazine disconnect, a little button that sticks up for a loaded chamber indicator, and a passive FP block similar to the S&W M&P as best I can tell. It also has interchangeable backstraps like the M&P.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
I don't think Kimber makes the Ten II anymore and its still on their website.
AH, I think the Ten II is what I was thinking about a the one they stopped making. Maybe it's the KPD that they are just getting started with. In that case, it'll be cool to see and hear how that fair compared to XD's and Glocks.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I was curious about this model and searched for one I guess not out yet.
I was also wondering if it's just a copy of a foreign model like some other maker's poly guns with brand name stamped on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts