1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Surefire X200A for my Kimber Warrior. I have not yet had a chance to try it out on the gun. The light came with two different adaptors, one described as Universal/Standard (which I believe is the one that came installed on it) and the other is the 1913 Picatinny adaptor. My question is which one do I need for my Kimber Warrior. Question #2: Does anybody know what rails other guns use? Specifically Glock, but I would be interested in rail specs of other manufacturers as well just out of curiosity. Which ones use Universal Standard and which ones use 1913 Picatinny? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
You need to use the 1913 rail. That is what you have on the Warrior.
A good rule of thumb: 1913 has notches and teeth.

Universal has horizontal groves like a Glock.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
128 Posts
My X200A went right on to my STS PRO TLE/RL II without changing anything.

The only problems that I have had are the screws have come loose a couple of times and the light was loose on the rail, I could use loctite on the screws but they're pretty small.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
KimberGoldMatch said:
My X200A went right on to my STS PRO TLE/RL II without changing anything.

The only problems that I have had are the screws have come loose a couple of times and the light was loose on the rail, I could use loctite on the screws but they're pretty small.
Then yours has the 1913 rail attachment on it from the factory.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually after some experimentation after I got home, the Universal will fit on the Kimber, but it will be loose. The Universal latching tab is narrower than the Picatinny...and that appears to be the only difference. When I switched to the Picatinny, it locked on tight. And mine came with locktite and recommended using it, which would solve the loose screw problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts