1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of a new Kimber lw with a venom in 9mm. Just wondering, from those that have shot both, what the differences are between the lw & ageis in actual shooting. I'd probably put rubber grips & a new short trigger & trigger job on either one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don't have the LW, but I do have a Custom Classic (5") and an Aegis Elite Custom (5") with the Vortex 6 MOA optic.

The speed and accuracy shooting the Aegis with optic is in an entirely different world in terms of speed and accuracy. Repeat double taps, fast shots on my steel seems too easy using the optic compared to using irons. There's just no comparison.

I was a skeptic at first IRT optics on a handgun. Now I'm contemplating another Pro/Commander size weapon also optic-equipped.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick, I've got a couple of pistols with venoms mounted. I was wondering about the differences between the 2, the lw is a few hundred cheaper.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just always throw in my mini rant here, In early Feb. I ordered a Kimber Aegis Pro 9mm that was supposed to take 4-8 weeks. That time went by and no gun then they closed up. Sorry to hijack thread but I really want the Aegis.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Arctic LW Stainless 9mm with Vortex Venom does not have iron sights. I got mine last week. So far a great reliable pistol, but I do wish it had at least a front sight blade.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don’t have the Aegis, but really like my Arctic LW with Vortex Venom. My new EDC. Was fooling around after sighting in last week. Hit my 100 yard 8” steel plate at 100 yards on the first try (FROM SANDBAG). At 66 the red dot really helps.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts