1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kimber ultra cdp II with CMC 7 round mags. I need to change the springs and followers. I called Wilson combat two times and was told two different part numbers #19 and #266.45C. Anyone know what I should use? Thanks, thomaswh3:confused:

·
Registered
125 Posts
266.45C=8rd, works on shooting star mags, and I think it converts a full size 1911 mag to 8rds. If you have an officers 7rd mag, I am pretty sure you end up with a 7rd mag after installing this spring set, but obviously it has been rebuilt.

19=Standard replacement for a full size 7rd mag spring and follower. Works very well in kimber mags and the shooting star mags. If you use this in an 8rd mag, your going to end up with a 7rd mag. One point, there is a small piece of plastic left over in the underside from the injection molding process on some of the followers. Trim it off/smooth it off. If you don't, it binds the spring and you can't fit the 7th rd in. I would imagen the 8rd followers could be similarly made, but I have not bought one of these spring and follower kits.

Wes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wangstang for the info. I am going to call wilson today and order 3 of the 266.45C kits. I see that you have a Kimber Tactical custom II. I just bought one last week. Excellent shooter. I've only put 200 rounds through it , no problems. I am using wilson 47D mags. Thanks again for the info. Thomaswh3:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Kimber Ultra mags do indeed use the Wilson 266,45C kits. You will still end up with a seven round mag, and mine are flawless performers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts