1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have only have (2), a Kimber TLE Custom 11 and Kimber Poly Pro Carry both .45s.
My Pro Carry had a time getting through a full 14 round mag without a jam.Sent it to Kimber 2 times they said nothing wrong when I got it back it still jammed.
Got a 10 round mag for the Pro Carry and use it instead of the 14 rd mags and not once in 400 rounds has it jammed.
They told me to get Wolf springs for my mags or trade my 14 round mags for 10 round mags.They must have been joking.
I traded off other Kimbers that shot so well but would jam ,Was it the mags? Whats wrong there in Yonkers? Cant they buy good mags?(called wolf they dont have the springs yet,they are working on it ?????)

·
Registered
114 Posts
mags

I never had a problem with my series 1 and the stainless factory mags, however I have never had any luck with the shooting star crappy springs right from the get go , now i only use wilson 47D and government contract mags . just my 2 cents

·
Registered
57 Posts
Telling us your gun "jammed" isn't enough information. What kind of jam? Failure to feed? Failure to eject, double feed?
Are you holding the pistol properly?
Are you shooting reloads or factory ammo? Round nose FMJ or some other bullet type. Crap Wolf ammo or some other low end junk? Have you tried other brands or bullet types?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the TLE RL and have never had a problem with the factory Kimber mag. Everything else I have for it is Metalform. No problems with them either.

Does anyone know who is making mags for Kimber at the present?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi anotherlefty,most of what you described happened with stock mags that came with guns.What I am saying is when I replaced the mags none of this happened to my Kimbers.I shoot win box 100 rds=$19.95 and hydra-hollow personal rounds.These bullets work in both Kimbers and in my Sig 220 .The 14rd mags still dont work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts