1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.kimberamerica.com/press/kimber-new-headquarter-2020?

I didn't see any other threads on this move. I consider it to be general interest rather than Kimber specific for the same reason that Beretta moving to Tennessee was. Taking skilled jobs away from anti gun states and tax bases is in all of our interests. I hope Kimber does well in their new HQ and I hope the additional hit on New York state's tax base hurts NY at the same time.

·
Administrator
73,091 Posts
Now Colt needs to move out of Hartford. Funny how the people who build guns at Colt can't even legally own most of the products they sell.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Great news !

Reactions: g26s239

·
Administrator
73,091 Posts
I'll never figure out why so many firearm makers setup shop in the northeast.
Most gun makers set up shop in the NE decades ago when gun laws weren't as asinine and there was a high concentration of skilled laborers. The northeastern part of the US has long been its industrial heartland and much of the production of war goods during WW2 was made there as well. Everything from bayonets to battleships came out of New York during its heyday.

·
Registered
21,860 Posts
Wonder what tax breaks and incentives they are getting. I'm still waiting on my Mercedes coupon for all it took to get their plant in Alabama.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts