1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the threads about the Kimber night sights, is there any difference with the sights on the CDP series? Or have they addressed and corrected the problems ie bad batch of sights? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have a Kimber Custom Combat Carry Model and my night sights are still bright, I hope that they have their problems with them sorted out. Mine is about a year and a half old and they still look good.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
102 Posts
About a year ago, Kimber became exclusive US sales distributor for Meprolite tritium sights, which are made in Israel. Not sure whether Kimber actually installs the Meprolite sights on all of its own products, but Meprolite enjoys an excellent reputation for quality — more than I can say for some other brands.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a pro Pro CDP bought about 14 months ago that had the front sight go out after 400 rounds or so. The sight was replaced by Kimber, but that one went out after 200 rounds. It was replaced with what I was told was 3rd generation sights, supposedly bigger and brighter. I frankly didn't notice the bigger, brighter business, but I have about 1800 rounds through the gun since the last installation. They seemingly have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought a Kimber Pro CDP in late October, and I only have 150 rounds through it, but the sights are still as bright as new.

I'm hoping that the threads about dim sights were related to one bad batch (don't know how large) of sights, and that those woes are over for Kimber. I'm waiting to pump another 800 or so rounds through my CDP to see if that's the case.

Regardless, I do know that Kimber has been very responsive to the owners who had sights go dim. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, assuming they'll fix & return mine pretty quickly if that should happen.

/TCP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.