1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really know 0 about Kimbers so maybe one of you could help me out.Ever hear or see a Kimber Compact model with an NRA eagle's head and a ### of 750 number etched right behind the rear cocking serations.A guy I know has one and want's $600 for it.He says and it looks like it's only been fired a few times.The feed ramp isn't even smudged with copper streeks..What's something like this worth?
Thanks for any info.:)

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Is it a stainless steel or aluminum frame? Did it have the Roman numeral II after the "Compact" on the slide?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No II on the slide as I can remember.It might have.I did notice that it was an aluminum frame though.I guess I should get more information from him about it.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Hopefully one of the guys into the collector's editions will chime in. I was just trying to see what base model it was for a shooter. It's most likely a pre-series-II Aluminum Compact, one of Kimber's best concealed-carry weapon. It combines the wonderful 4" bull-barrel with the short, easy to hide frame. I've got one with a stainless steel frame that has countless rounds, and has been carried daily for over six years. The asking price is fair, even for a plain model. I doubt there is any collector value. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Kimber did indeed make a limited edition run of 750 Series 1 Pro Carrys with the NRA logo on the rear of the slide. The Pro Carrys were basic matte black models. I had the opportunity to buy one about a year ago, but passed. :( I have never seen or heard of Kimber offering the same limited edition in a Compact model. It is worth the $600 your friend is asking for it. It's value is in the fact that it is a Series 1 Pro Carry. There essentially is no extra value in the NRA logo on the slide.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Told you the answer would come soon! Tom's on the job. The Pro model uses the same top end, but on a full-size frame.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,I don't think I can pass it up at the price.I'm of course gonna try to get it for less.:D
Since there is no real collector value like he thinks there is.
Thanks again
Berettaman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts