1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned several 1911s and currently intersted in purchasing the polymer pro model for off duty carry. I saw one in the store and liked its weight and feel of it. I do not know anyone around here who owns one.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
ArmySon had one, not sure if he still does... Whoops... My bad... It was the Wilson Poly... KZ45... Sorry.

Haven't heard anything bad about them, but if I owned one, I would consider the Para Mag release conversion, so that you can use Hi-Cap Para-Ord mags...

[This message has been edited by jaydee (edited 08-15-2001).]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Do a search here for Kimber Polymer. There have been several threads in the past. I seem to have contributed to all of them. My experience was not good. Others ran like a top. It seems to be a hit or miss proposition with the Poly.

------------------
Bubba
www.dbl-tap.com

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have 2 Polymer's. One with a Polymer Custom with a 5" barell, and a pro carry model.

I have had no problems at all, with jamming or magazines feeding.

Unfortunately, I recently lost my job, so I am selling the 5" Polymer Custom. Sucks because I just bought 3 hi-cap (14 round) mags for it! Oh well, I'd rather keep my house!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a BUL M5 IPSC( made by transmark in Israel) I'm not sure about the relationship between Kimber and Transmark but the BUL m5 polymer 1911 is absolutely similar to the kimber polymer ( apart of the brand)I heard that the polymer bit used on the Kimbers are made in Israel and that would make sense because I've heard of the Bul M5 long before the Kimber polymer but that could be due to the fact that I live in europe, the BUL M5 are great pistols, reday for an IPCS match out of the box and at great value, they got all the trimmings, Mc Kormick bits,etc.. PARA mags can be used in it as well, the BUL M5 are very popular these days in IPSC matches because they are cheap for what you get, have a look at their website http://www.bultransmark.com/ you will even see a prototype full auto BUL m5 1911 in action! I advise you of this because if you can't find too much info about the kimber polymer, you will find enough about BUL, and they are totally similar...I love my BUL, never had any problems with it, it is cheap to buy, reliable, high cap,light and damn it shoots well,,also popular in Israel as a defense and special op weapon...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts