1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I'm allowed to do this here. If not, I apologize.

Anyone have a Kimber Premium Match trigger they want to part with? This is not the 3-hole trigger that comes standard on the Custom model. The one I'm interested in comes standard on the Gold Match, Gold Combat, Super Match, and CDP pistols.

If so, send an e-mail to [email protected] . Please include your price and the condition of the part.

Thanks

·
Administrator
74,721 Posts
Why not call up Kimber? I'm sure they'll sell you one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kimber only ship parts in the trigger group to an FFL holder or gunsmith. I'm trying to avoid the hassle of arranging the transfer, since I am neither.

Plus, they charge $5 for shipping, which is a little excessive for a part they can ship for under a buck. Call me cheap.

·
3,007 Posts
You can do this here as far as I'm concerned.

Baffles me that they won't send a trigger...what's up with Kimber?

I normally charge $4 or $5 to send a part also. Packaging isn't free and you can't just stick a trigger in an envelope.

·
Administrator
74,721 Posts
Yeah, that concerns me too. The new FP safety in the Kimber uses a different firing pin and associated parts that don't interchange with other 1911s. I'd like to think I can order replacement parts for my new Eclipse II!

·
3,007 Posts
I hope they aren't volunteering to be the first to do their part to stop the illicit trade of gun parts!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Kimber doesn't sell any of the fire control parts because they're worried about liability for people screwing around with teh guns.
Granted, several (Brownell's etc) places haven't had such a problem, but Kimber is a little , er..paranoid in this regard. Their current defense vs the city suits most likely makes it worse.

That being said, why get the premium trigger? It looks okay, but it's nothing special IMO.
You could also try McCormick, see if they sell it. (They sell a lot of the Kimber parts)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mainly, I think it looks cool. I figure if this is the best trigger Kimber makes, it's probably not a bad part.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had the match trigger replaced with a premium match trigger on my Custom Stainless Target when I had other work done on it. The only real difference is the weight and look. Both triggers felt about the same and shot equally well. So, unless you're into spending about $70 for two slots vs. three holes, I'd recommend passing.

Regards,
TBob

------------------
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
- George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The two slot trigger runs $21.95 plus shipping. I have a milspec SA that I want to put this on. I will definitely replace the trigger, whether it's this Kimber part or something else. Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for everyone's help. I have a friend down the street that is a 1911 enthusiast, and he had a McCormick trigger he had never used. He let me have it for $10. I put it on and really like it. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I have a couple triggers customers sent in an envlope, want to buy one

Remington will not sell there bolt stop as it is attached to the trigger group. smith or ruger will not sell a cylinder to you.

Plus if you were shipping 300 guns a day I suspect your first concern would not be selling triggers.
geo ><>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts