1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I purchased a Pro Carry II and today I went to the range to break her in. I put about 300 factory rounds through the gun. The problem I'm having is about every shot the slide fails to return to full battery. I actually have to push it back into battery after every round. I called Kimber and they asked how well the gun was lubed. I think I lubed it very well prior to firing, could it be anything else. I am new to 1911's but very familiar with most every other firearm. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
External extractor? Kimber's paying dearly for that fubar!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had similar issues with my Tactical Pro. This seems to be an issue with the Pro series pistols.

I filed the catch on the slide stop a bit. I could see where it was rubbing from the brass marks on it. You may just want to get the Wilson Bulletproof slide stop. I also switched magazines. I went with Wilson mags as many other shooters have had great luck with these. This took care of it for the most part but I still occasionally have this happen after running a couple hundred rounds through it.

My last suggestion is something I've had recommended to me by others but haven't done yet. Spend $8 on a Wolf recoil spring. They make one specifically designed to the Kimber Pro series pistols.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gunsmith recommended Birchwood Casey Choke Tube Lube and I have used it successfully for some time now. I lightly oil the guide rod and spring, firing pin, hammer and firing pin safety with Rem Oil. Then using a QTip I lightly lube the sliding surfaces with the Choke Tube lube. I use it on all autoloaders, one of which is a PRO CARRY II and have been very pleased with it. It doesn't take much and doesn't migrate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts