1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my Pro Carry SLE now known as the Pro Carry HD.

Let me know what you think,

Mike

------------------
Be safe and have fun,

Mike

·
Registered
332 Posts
yummmmm! i have the pro carry aluminum, and i bought those eclipse black/grips for it. looks pretty sharp. if your into buying grips, i'd give those a try too. not that the good ole wood doesn't look nice.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lovely!

I have a SLE also, and have a question. Since there was only a limited number, somewhere around a 1,000 made, are they likely to become more valuable?

It is a nice shooter, but it's packed away safely. I have a Custom that I shoot a lot. Should I just enjoy the SLE and forget any future appreciation in value?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by Wolfgang:
Lovely!

I have a SLE also, and have a question. Since there was only a limited number, somewhere around a 1,000 made, are they likely to become more valuable?

It is a nice shooter, but it's packed away safely. I have a Custom that I shoot a lot. Should I just enjoy the SLE and forget any future appreciation in value?
They now have the Pro HD, which is the same thing in a non-limited edition.
Kimber really is too new of a manufacturer to have collectable models IMO. They've done so many of these limited runs that you really base off of the features.
I'd say shoot it and enjoy it, anyone you sell it to will think you shot it anyway :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
What's the wood for the grips? Very nice!

I also replaced my grip panels with fully checkered wood, but I got Cordia, an unusual coloration. (I also put on a serrated, arched mainspring housing.)

The do look nice with wood grips, but I don't expect them to ever be collectible, now that the HD is here. Especially since there are so many different numbers floating around about how many "original" SLE's were even made. I've seen from 600 to 1000.

Then comes the HD. Won't know for a long time, whether is collectible, but I'm shooting mine!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm shooting mine also. I really want a 5 in Custom so if anybody has a lightly used 5in Custom with night sites I'm looking for one.

Let's deal

Mike

------------------
Be safe and have fun,

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts